Monday, April 29, 2024

Happy Birthday, Once Upon A Time

A bunch of family members got together on Sunday to clean up/clean out my mom's garage.  For several years, many of us have kept junk down there, piling it up, and often forgetting about it.  

In an old box, my sister found a card to me, from my Uncle Jim, from 1976.  It included a beat-up two dollar bill with 1953 on it, and I was more impressed that Jim (who died in 1990), thought of me, his first nephew, than what the bill might be worth today.

If you don't know, two dollar bills, while legal tender, tend to be rare, because no one in their right mind would ever need a two dollar bill.  Some folks collect them, I suppose.  

And this one certainly looks odd.

My nephew wanted to frame it, for some reason, and I told him that I hadn't known that it existed until that moment, so it might as well be his.  Maybe not very logical, but it is to me.





 

No comments: