Wednesday, January 25, 2023

The Horror of the Quordle Quell

Marshal Latham is having another writing contest on his podcast*, this one called the Quordle Quell.  The details, however, are so insidious that I am forced to retract all my previous statements about the man's high moral character and inherent decency.

Basically, the twisted rules are: You enter the contest and are given four words, which were the correct answers of a Quordle game that Marshal saved, and you have to write a story notably featuring those four words.  The four random words.   Cute, right?

So, my words ended up being DRAFT, DRAIN, BANJO, and GUEST.

Now, those are not good words.  But they are at least words used in spoken English, unlike those other poor contestants are forced to use.  So, to misquote Howard Jones, things can only get worse.

Anyhow, I have only gone to the library a couple of times since being given those wonderful four words, and I haven't managed to come up with anything I like.  Which feels . . . frustrating, I suppose.  Luckily, I have months in which to struggle and suffer over them, but I won't stop or falter.  Do you feel scared?  I do.

*You could still enter and win, by the way.

No comments: