Saturday, May 21, 2022

Blog 5/20 & 5/21

 5/20

The other day, I posted that I quit narrating a Ray Bradbury story halfway through because the book was due at the library, and asked if I should track down the book to finish recording it.  And my god, boys and girls, the silence was deafening.  My ears bled for about two hours straight.

Great.  My best pal just arrived, called me "The Fool," and called the guy next to me "The Faggot."  Ironically, it was in a bit of my book where I was reminding the reader (for the dozenth) time that Alec is too empathetic (I REALLY want to beat people over the head with it, the way I went out of my way to remind the reader of "Hatchling" that Rick was dumb and Talia was smart).  



I'm afraid I'm going to have to put the Lizardface guy in the book somewhere, if only so I can read that bit when I do the audiobook in 2025 and say, "Oh yeah, that was inspired by that asshole on the second floor of the library who got thrown off the balcony in 2022."

I get that he's mentally ill.  But I'm not Alec, so my sympathy is more limited.*

Writing or Exercising: Writing


5/21

I always get these stupid spam emails, and today I got one that says, "RishOut, Someone May Have Run A Background Check On You! View Rresults!"

First off, you spelled Reuslts wrong.  

And secondly, since these spam emails are all for phishing and stealing people's money, what's with the word "May" in there?  You're selling your lie short by using "May."  Nobody's gonna click on a link that says, "New Technique MAY Enlongated Your Member!" or "Website MAY Have Rare Photos of Lindsay Lohan When She Was Pretty," you know?



So, my Aunt Blanca had a leaky roof at her house, and a bunch of family members had been pitching in to help fix it.  I hadn't managed to drive over and help, but today, my mom and I drove down first thing in the morning so I could paint.  I got in a few hours of that kind of work where you feel like you've accomplished something, but I unfortunately ended up sunburning my arms and nose, and nobody likes that.

Writing or Exercising: Writing 


*I do tend to feel sorry for people you're not supposed to feel sorry for, like Woody Allen and Louie CK and most recently, George W. Bush, when he was giving that speech condemning Putin's illegal, unwarranted invasion of Ukraine, and accidentally said "invasion of Iraq."

No comments: