Friday, October 09, 2020

October Sweeps - Day 251

So, yesterday was two hundred and fifty days in a row of writing.  I should have made a bigger deal about it, but that headache ate up a pretty big chunk of the day.  Isn't it remarkable how much writing I've gotten done in these past months?

It's been over a week since Audible got back to me on my "You're In Good Hands" audiobook, and I haven't even looked at it.  I have always been one of those people who tries to ignore problems, hoping they'll go away.  But every day that I ignore whatever probably-reasonable error is keeping them from publishing my audiobook is another day where I did that unbelievable amount of work for nothing.

So, I looked over the rejection letter, and it was two-fold.  First, I put a black border on the sides of the cover to make it square rather than rectangular, and borders of any kind are not allowed.  And second, there was extraneous sound at the end of files (though they didn't delineate which ones).

You know how easy that would be to fix?  Why didn't I do this many days ago?

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In October: 1310

Alright, I corrected the cover art, and that took maybe eight minutes.  That's progress.

Push-ups Today: 63
Push-ups In October: 352

Well, I got my sit-ups and push-ups done, as well as my nightly run (this one was easy--even the first half-mile).  Now I've got to write.  I'm going to write the ghastly scene I came up with a week or so back, where I thought, "You know what would be really dark?  Especially after a chapter or two of frivolity and humor?  A reminder that the woman Lara lives with is capable of literally anything.  A wake-up call to Lara Demming and to the reader."

But I didn't quite manage.  I got to a sentence or two before the scene, and got distracted, never going back to it.

Words Today: 443
Words In October: 7308

Tomorrow may be better.  But then, it may be worse.  You never know.


No comments: