Monday, June 22, 2020

June Sweeps - Day 143


No writing done today.  I did blog for a few minutes, which is nice.  Maybe I'll start counting it, since these posts I actually publish.

I mentioned the other day that my friend's wife wrote a screenplay and he wanted me to read it over and maybe come onboard to punch it up.  I read the first two pages today during lunch, and all I can say is that the formatting is really well-done (better than the one I turned in last night).

Unfortunately, I can't remember what else I did today, because it's after one am, and I have nothing to show for it.  I did just save the next episode of the Outcast, and I suppose I took my nephew to the mall, but other than that . . . it's a blur.

Oh, I did go to the library for only the second time since it reopened.  I returned a bunch of books and videos, got my mom some Harlen Coben books, and sat down at the computer to try and write some words.  I had to wear my mask, and I think I liked it even less than last time, because after an hour, I just logged off and got the hell out of there.

Now it's after one am, and I have spent the last hour blogging (mostly yesterday's post), and since tomorrow is my early day, I don't want to write anything more.  I wish I had forced myself to write just a little bit more, because I sure as hell ain't gonna do it now.

Instead, I'm going to mention that I saw a "Rick & Morty" shirt today with this message on it:


Now, I don't really know the point of the shirt (apparently, there was some kind of Reddit meme involving it a few months back, but kindly eff Reddit), though I do remember the episode it references.*  But let me just say this: it is literally incredible how much I relate to the fourteen year old protagonist of that super-dark cartoon.

Crap, now I wish I had bought the shirt.

I did sit-ups today, but ouch, they were painful again.  No hemorrhoidal flare-up today, just a backside I fell down on yesterday complaining about more weight on it.  Sorry, you old ass you.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In June: 2834

Words Today: 755
Words In June: 22,273


*Morty discovers a possible future where he dies an old man being told by the beautiful Jessica, "I love you, Morty," and proceeds to ruin his life trying to end up in that possible future, even killing his grandfather in the process.

No comments: