Monday, July 27, 2026

No More Embarrassing Than Usual

 I saw a young lady walking out of the library today that I hadn't seen in months.  I stopped her and said, "Didn't you used to come in here, like, every single day?"  

She asked me how long I had worked here (guess that makes me pretty darn memorable) and when I told her, she said, "Yes, I used to come in here pretty much every night to study."  

"That's right!" said I, and I guess she sensed I found her attractive because she said, "I used to come here with my boyfriend."  

"Right," I lamented.  

"He's not my boyfriend anymore," she added, to which I exclaimed, "Thank god," before she finished, "...he's my husband now."



Ah.  Well, that is, was, uh, is a good thing then.  "I, uh, guess it worked out then," I said, and she walked away.  Not a huge embarrassment, but there's a wedding tonight I have to wait for, so I wrote it up anyway.

No comments: