Thursday, March 24, 2022

2022 Goals - March Update

I know I'm falling behind, but let's look at my goals for the year and how I'm doing.

1.  Go on one hike a month.
Well, I went on one in January.

2.  Insert "Joanie Loves Chachi" reference into at least two stories.
I did put on in my Outpost novel.  I had a character shout "Joanie Loves Chachi!" in the way New Yorkers say, "Jesus H. Christ!"  Well, it's funny to me.

3.  Start up "Twilight Groan" again with Cathexis, at least four episodes.
Hasn't happened yet.  I bring it up every month or so.

4.  Plot out and start writing the third "Calling" story (and finish it?).
Nothing.

5.  Finish recording and publish "Hatchling."  
I did finish the recording and I did publish the text version.  Still working on the audio (about one chapter a week, sadly).

6.  Put out Christmas collection I was supposed to put out in 2020.
Yes Virginia, that's never going to happen.

7.   Put out Audio collection I was supposed to put out in 2019.
I very nearly published the text version of that yesterday.  I even logged into Amazon to do it.  Then I didn't.  Sorry.

8.  Buy no more Transformers.
So far, so good.  Although I did tell Big I would buy a Walmart Starscream if I found one.  Not sure if that counts (if I even can--you know how it is, when you're not looking for something you see it all the time, but when you're looking for it...).

9.  Finish "Balms & Sears" . . . in first quarter of 2022.
First quarter is done soon, right?  Dammit.

10.  Put out 10-12 Podcasts That Dare Not Speak Their Name.
Three so far.

11.  Get Marvel Universe figures out of storage and get rid of them.
Oh, this was priceless.  I went through the damn storage unit and they weren't there anymore.  Guess I found them already and forgot about it.

12.  Put out "Dead & Breakfast" collection 1.
Probably won't happen.  We'll see.

13.  Run on treadmill once a week
Oh, shit.  Well, in January, I definitely did.  
By February, I no longer bothered.  I have been running outside in March, though.  I know it's not the same thing, but I'd rather run outside than inside on the treadmill.

14.  Put out "Caller I.D." on the Outcast . . . birthday week?
July's a way off.  Remains to be seen.

15.  Finish Outpost Outbreak novel.
That ain't gonna happen.

16.  Read another really great book.
Just one?

No comments: