Monday, April 26, 2021

April Sweeps - Day 450

Today was cold and rainy and miserable, with clouds so low in the sky they look (right this moment) like fog around the mountains.  Even so, I wasn't outside in it much, except to pick up my nephew from school, go out to the shed a couple of times, and take the garbage barrels around to the curb.  Now I'm at the library, though, pretty close to closing time, having not had more than a few minutes' peace except for at lunchtime, where I sat down to watch a Marvel toy panel, and started falling asleep almost instantly.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In April: 2766

I was up till four watching the Oscars, though, so I think that's understandable.*

Apparently, it wasn't just me (in complaints about the Oscars, both the format and the many, many, many, many films that nobody has seen): it had its lowest ratings in the history of television.  And while that should make me feel in good company, it's too bad that the quality and the enjoyability had to decrease.  Hey, next year is sure to be better, though, right?

Anthony Hopkins won Best Actor (again), and is now the oldest person (at 83) to win that award.  A lot of folks are angry that a) Hopkins didn't show up to the ceremony, either in Hollywood or one of the satellite broadcasts, and b) that Chadwick Boseman didn't win for his last movie.  In fact, a saw a bunch of folks online calling Hopkins an a-hole for that.**  But hey, Boseman didn't show up either, and I don't hear you grousing about that.

Oh, this is weird.  Within ten minutes of me writing this awful, insensitive joke, Big Anklevich texted me the exact same awfully insensitive joke.  That struck me as particularly odd.

I had the hardest time finding this image (from last year), despite saying I'd use it over and over again.

Push-ups Today: 114 (it slipped my mind to finish the push-ups I was supposed to do.  Guess I need to do more tomorrow)
Push-ups In April: 2846

I didn't get a lot of words written (yeah, yeah), but one of those words was "twinship."  As in, "she felt little in the way of twinship at the moment."  I thought, when writing it, that I had made that word up.  But it turns out to be a real word.

A perfectly cromulent word.

Words Today: 661
Words In April: 18,287

*And then I sat for twenty minutes afterward, blogging about it, mostly because I'd drank caffeine after ten, and that's what it does to me.

**Though you know how the internet is.  It could be five people in the whole country that are saying that, but they're saying it so loudly that you'd think it's a million.

No comments: